Wellness Hub Seeks Fellows While Planning Spring Events
The Wellness Hub exists to affirm the role of wellness in advancing students' growth and development—to ensure that they flourish academically, professionally, and personally. Drawing students outside of their academic institutions, the Wellness Hub provides opportunities to enhance the academic-life balance and to network with others throughout the University community. All programs are geared to meet students’ wellness needs within the following dimensions: physical, social, emotional, environmental, cultural, intellectual, and financial.
Do you need guidance on how to keep your New Year’s resolutions? Meet with one of our trained coactive life coaches for goal-setting on fitness, relationships, happiness, and other dimensions of wellness. Our coaches guide students to develop wellness solutions that draw on their strengths. For more information, contact Hillary Edwards, Wellness Hub program specialist, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
This semester, the Wellness Hub will collaborate with the Office of Communications and Public Affairs on several sustainability workshops to take place in the Green Room at the Southern Management Corporation (SMC) Campus Center. On Feb. 8, local environmental scientist Sarah Koser will present the hands-on workshop Garbology 101, during which attendees will learn the difference between trash and recyclables. Koser also will talk fact vs. fiction about the entire recycling process. On Feb. 20, the Wellness Hub hosts Gaylord Clark from Two Oceans fishery to discuss the state of seafood sustainability and what we can do as consumers to protect our water ecosystems from destruction.
Approved for federal work study? The Wellness Hub is recruiting Wellness fellows for the spring. The fellows coordinate activities among student groups and various University offices while learning how to effectively deliver interdisciplinary health promotion programs and evaluate the outcomes of their work.
The Wellness Hub has something for everyone. To see the full list of upcoming programs and to register, visit www.wellness.umaryland.edu. Stay connected by following the Wellness Hub on Twitter at http://twitter.com/WellnessHub and on Facebook at UMB Wellness Hub, or visit us on the third floor of the Southern Management Campus Center.
upcoming WELLNESS EVENTS
- Going Green on the Gridiron With Jeff Provenzano—Feb. 6, SMC Campus Center, Green Room
- Garbology 101—Feb. 8, SMC Campus Center, Green Room
- Networking 101—Feb. 16, SMC Campus Center, Room 351
- Maternal and Child Health: Cross Campus Panel—Feb. 17, SMC Campus Center, Room 351
- From the Fish's Mouth: Featuring Gaylord Clark—Feb. 20, SMC Campus Center, Green Room
- Feast @ 4 East—Feb. 21, SMC Campus Center, Bon Appetit Kitchen
- Clean Streets, Clean Water—Feb. 22, SMC Campus Center, Green Room
- Healthy Relationships: Managing Relationships With Family, Friends, and Partners—Feb. 23, SMC Campus Center, Room 351
- The Urban Composter—Feb. 27, SMC Campus Center, Green Room
- Saving the Bay: Chesapeake Bay Foundation—March 6, SMC Campus Center, Green Room
- Managing Stress and Anxiety—March 8, SMC Campus Center, Room 351
- The Truth About Suicide: Real Stories of Depression—March 12, SMC Campus Center, Room 311
- Twenty Years Later: A History of CIM—March 14, SMC Campus Center, Room 349
- Grow Your Greens—March 14, SMC Campus Center, Green Room
- Going Native—March 21, SMC Campus Center, Green Room